Saturday, May 7, 2016

The Singular Fortean Society & Lake View Hill Park/Sanatorium Hill (Madison, W) - 4/16/16 & 4/23/16


I've always enjoyed projects. In fact, I'm notorious for taking-on too many and it has gotten me in trouble. However, finally, I've been blessed with a partner that keeps me grounded, blissfully happy, as well as someone who embraces adventure. He also tells me when I'm taking on too many projects, but we've worked on one together and it is finally here (officially as of May 1).

The Singular Fortean Society is our brainchild of our talents, creativity, and strong interest in the impossibility of this world that many of us don't care to look past the mundane everyday. Tobias writes, and I illustrate. As Toby is the wordsmith of this outfit, and he'd tell you about this much better than I, so you'll have to check out our site to get the full story, as well as many stories to come.




Yours truly developed the brand identity and the site for our blooming paranormal community, and any graphic or photo you see is my contribution. Through this website, we want to tell our stories about our own explorations of the unexplained mystery of this world, and we want to hear your stories too!

We have a lot we want to accomplish with this community, and this is just the very beginning.

I'll get to the photography in a minute here, but aside from going on investigations and telling you about them through our words and pictures, we also want to educate the community on the possibility of the paranormal. Every month or so (I'll feature this on #MonsterMonday) we are going to roll out a different monster in which I am creating a design, and Toby will write about it in our "Monster Database." This month's monster was Bigfoot:
Last month, we also embarked on our second investigation at Madison's Sanitarium Hill. As I will always say, I'll just let Toby's article tell you the story of our adventure. However, there are always more photographs than we have in each article. My photos can almost tell their own story.

One thing I will let you know about Sanitarium Hill, SO MANY DEER! They aren't afraid to be close, either!
Can you spot the deer in this picture?





It doesn't matter what you believe or what you may see or not see. This place has a lot of interesting history, it's a beautiful nature preserve, and regardless...it's creepy. 





















Anyways, I hope these photos give you a taste of what we saw...and of course we encourage you to check it out for yourself! It's a really cool site, and it doesn't matter what time of the day it is, if you're hoping to see something paranormal--there is as much chance during the day as there is at night. We don't know when we'll be back, but we sure will be. We have a lot of other places and stories we'd like to see, but this one definitely carries a certain fondness with us.

We are going to go on our next investigation next week, stay tuned for where/what that is (follow @singularfortean on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and SnapChat) but we can't wait to share that with you all!

xx emily

No comments:

Post a Comment