Wednesday, May 18, 2016

#AskEmilytheArtist: Questions from May 11th, 2016 - 5/18/16

Good Morning & Happy Wednesday!



Last week I started #AskEmilytheArtist where you ask me questions with this hashtag on Twitter & SnapChat (ylimesotrab). You can ask me questions anytime, of course, but to make Wednesdays fun I started this idea in order to talk more about art in social media, and to interact more with followers or people who just have questions about anything creative or art-related.




Thanks @JenaRichter for your question! This is a hard one to answer because so many things do, and I could go on and on for a while. I could do many series of blog posts about this, and just point at my 67 Pinterest boards. Some are easy: I love weird things that may/may not exist in this world, hence my interest in monsters; nature and the outdoors; the idea of traveling the world; everything from the golden Hollywood area: old Hollywood films, vintage stylings, pinups; the arts in all forms--particularly illustration, design, and photography; the challenge of finding the beauty in the banal everyday; and of course bright colors and most things fantastical (unicorns)!
I would have to say though, my biggest inspiration is found through empowering people, particularly women with boudoir. As a woman, I've had my own issues with self-confidence, self-love, and self-worth. These are still things I struggle with, and I'm just going to say it so I don't get misunderstood--men and women are equal, and both can have these issues, and if I can have a role in helping both genders, I'm all for it. Naturally, I am more in-tune with my own gender identity and I find my interests and style to generally work better for women. After all, I'm attempting to incorporate unicorns in all my branding. I know I have a talent and means to make people look and feel beautiful, and getting to know my clients and how amazing they are....they're the ones that truly inspire me. I can find the beauty inside and out, and help them remember or realize it and get a boost of self-confidence. I remember how it felt to find my own, and the idea of doing this for others makes me want to stop at nothing to create things that work with this idea.



This is such a fun question, @bashattack! This is tricky too, because I love so many artists...but I would have to say, Vincent Van Gogh. He worked so hard his entire life and made so many amazing paintings with a style that was his own, and to this day, there is no one else with the originality he used with his brushstrokes. You can't touch it. Of course, the Dr. Who episode Vincent and the Doctor is my favorite, and had a chance to show what a magical human being he was and how much sadness and emotion there was. I love how he painted everyday scenes but made them twisted, colorful, and anything but ordinary. I try and do that with my work. To collaborate with this master would be a dream come true!

Being that today is Wednesday, and the day is young, I am taking questions again today! Please ask me questions on Twitter and SnapChat (links and usernames above) with the hashtag:

#AskEmilyTheArtist

Questions can be about anything having to do with art, creative things, photography, design, drawing, working as a freelance artist...the possibilities are near-endless! I want to connect with all of you and create an art community where we can bring it to a greater population--through my brand, yours if you have one, and ourselves as individuals! Examples of questions include:
  • Where are the best places to shop for art supplies online?
  • What type of camera and equipment do you use?
  • What is your process in developing a brand?
  • Where do you shoot boudoir photography if you don't have a studio?
  • Where are awesome places to see art in my town?
 The possibilities of questions are endless, and I invite you to ask me! I will write about all the questions that I receive on a Wednesday the following week. We just got started, and I want to make this fun for everyone!

I hope you all have a great day! Work hard, treat others well, and take time for yourself and find some inspiration in your day! <3

xx emily


No comments:

Post a Comment