Sunday, May 29, 2016

#AskEmilytheArtist, Questions from 5/18/16 - 5/25/16

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

I've only been at this Q&A thing for two weeks now, but I'm not getting many questions. I expected that, but maybe I should come up with another thing for Wednesdays until I get more questions. I'll consider trying #AskEmilytheArtist for a couple more weeks, but I'm really curious about what you guys want to see from me and my brand. I'm an open book, so please comment here or send me a message on any social media platform if you have any ideas. If you guys like these Q&A's, say so! I'm all about what you guys would like from me as well as keeping a platform of the art community.

I only had one question last week, but it was a fun one!

 Thanks @clarissarod, this is a fun question!  In a way, it's almost like that infamous"What's your favorite movie?" question that is hard to answer because there are so many great movies.

My favorite medium to view is probably painting as there are so many classics from so many masters and getting to see the texture and the paint in real-life, right in front of your eyes is a humbling experience for me. There's so many layers to a painting and it's interesting to think about the materials, the hours, and everything else behind its creation.

As far as creating goes, this is a hard question. I love drawing and painting of course, but I'd probably have to say photography. It's kind of crazy that humans found a way to capture moments instantly. Otherwise, all we'd have are our own memories. The fact that we can immortalize moments in our lives and look back is really awesome. I also love this medium for finding beauty in the everyday. You can paint whatever you want, but can you photograph whatever you want? It's a fun challenge for me.

Thanks for the question! Can't wait for next week, and please let me know if there's something you'd like to read about on the blog or see on all your news feeds. If you have something you'd like to ask, please take to Twitter or SnapChat today and ask me a question to see on next week's blog!

xx emily

No comments:

Post a Comment