Thursday, April 28, 2016

10 Reasons to get a Boudoir Session if you're SINGLE - 4/28/16

Even though I've had many boudoir clients both single and in relationships in the past (it's been close to 50/50), I feel as though Boudoir Photography is marketed towards women in relationships. Having a significant other is almost the excuse to finally getting these photographs done, and it is a perfect gift, there's no doubt about that.

Today I really want to focus on the idea of using these photographs as a gift to YOURSELF. Even though I shoot boudoir photography, I've never had a session done for myself. I originally started doing Boudoir Photography because I wanted to give the gift of empowerment to other women, not because I thought it was pretty or sexy. Those are just added perks.

In case you need to talk yourself into it, here are ten reasons to get boudoir photography done while you're single.

  1. It's Empowering - Your self esteem could be high, or low...it doesn't matter what place your in. You've gotten in front of the camera with all your flaws and you look amazing. If you wouldn't be uplifted by that experience...you're probably not human. Regardless, you are the Goddess of Unicorns. If you didn't know that, now you do...from these photographs.
  2. You always have yourself - You don't need a man or woman to complete you, and you certainly don't need one to get in a sassy set of lingerie and look like a rockstar with red lips and Hollywood waves (or whatever your style is). You were born single, and you will always have you. Some people say they "date themselves." Perhaps its time to take this idea into practice.
  3. They'll help you remember yourself during this time - Maybe you lost some weight, maybe you got through a really rough time, maybe you feel the best you've ever been--it doesn't matter. This was a chapter of your life, you looked freaking gorgeous, and you have pictures to look back at and think HELL YEAH THAT WAS ME!
  4. It's an excuse to go lingerie shopping - You know you want that cute bra and panty set. Get it. You can run around your house in it when you feel alone and it'll feel GREAT.
  5. It's an excuse to treat yourself to something you deserve - YOU DESERVE IT.
  6. It helps you embrace your femininity - These shoots allow you to show all your assets, and they are a part of you and being a woman. There's no hiding, you've got it all going on.
  7. It's an excuse to get your hair and makeup done - Who doesn't like getting this done? Seriously.
  8. It'll help you remember how beautiful you are on a day where you don't feel that way - Think you look gross today? Look at your photos. Sure, your features were accented...but that foundation was all you. You are as beautiful as the day you were in those photos.
  9. Maybe you can show these images to a future lover? Maybe these will turn into a gift someday, who knows? Also, I bet your partner would love you even more for being confident and getting these done for yourself. That's sexy as hell. You're beautiful AND strong.
  10. Remember you are enough - That's it. Always remember that no matter what.
I should probably experience what I preach as a photographer, and even though I am happy in my forever relationship now, I really wish I would have taken the time and made the investment to have this experience while I was single. I don't have any regrets, and if anything, I'm glad I gave other women this experience. Maybe I'll experience it someday (I want to) and I'll be able to do it for myself and him.

When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter if you're single or taken. Even if your initial idea for getting this photography done was for your significant other--it's good to also find the mentality where you are doing it for yourself. To realize your own individual power and spirit within yourself is a right of passage to womanhood and self acceptance. I'll say this over and over, but every woman should have a boudoir photo shoot in her lifetime.

To quote The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt--Females are Strong as Hell. (If you've never seen that show, watch it!)

xx emily


No comments:

Post a Comment